Mixed feelings

Look and answer the question. 

What / Who is

  • relaxing?
  • relaxed?

When do we use an

  • -ing adjective?
  • -ed adjective?

  • Open the brackets and change the verbs to either -ed or -ing adjectives:

    When my lessons are over, I feel very ... (exhaust) because I have to write, read and think a lot, which is very ... (tire). Every day after school I just want to go home and take a ... (relax) bath. I love having a bath after school! In the bath, I feel very ... (relax). I forget about how ...(bore) my school is. But I'm finishing school next month!


    So I will stop worrying about my exams. I am so ... (excite). Besides, I think I will not go to university right after school, I will take a gap year and travel to the southern hemisphere.

    I will never hear my math teacher again. He is so ... (irritate).


    Some teenagers think that going on a gap year is a bit ... (frighten). You never know who you will meet and what may happen in your travels.


    Some teenagers don't know what they will do after school, and they feel ... (scare). I don't understand them. After school is over, the world is your oyster. You will never be ... (bore) or ... (annoy) by difficult homework. You will go on adventures and find lots of ... (entertain) things to do.


Do people usually feel strong emotions in these situations?

Are they positive, negative or mixed?

  • winning a lottery
  • getting married
  • funeral
  • football match
  • going bankrupt
  • being sentenced for a crime
  • giving a birth to your first child
  • saying goodbye to a friend you probably won't see soon
How do daily routines and unexpected events make us feel?

  1. How does the "lady" feel throughout the scene?
  2. Why shouldn't she be too excited?
  3. Is she used to being in this situation? What are the signs?
  4. What has the biggest impact on her feelings?
  5. Do you think the film is emotional?
  6. What strong adjectives could describe the emotions of the character?

Have you ever received an unexpected gift?

How did you react?


Look at the word cloud and write your story about feelings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty standards

Money and shopping