Don't worry, be happy



What do you usually feel like?  Do you often text? Do you use emoticons? What emoji do you use most often?

Are these things similar (S) or different (D)?


  • song / note
  • trouble / worry
  • don’t worry / be happy
  • may / might
  • phone number / call me
  • cash / rent
  • smile / frown
  • listen / sing
  • now / then

Match two parts of the phrase:

  •  have
  • lay
  • make
  • bring
  • learn
  • your rent
  •  your head
  • some trouble
  • everybody down
  • you smile
  • is late
  • note for note

Listen to the song and fill in the gaps:




Here's a little song I wrote

You might want to sing it ...

Don't worry, ...

In every life we have some trouble

But when you worry you make it double

Don't worry, ...

Don't worry, ... now


Ain't got no place to lay ...

Somebody came and took your bed

Don't worry, ...

The landlord say your rent ...

He may have to litigate

Don't worry, ...


Here I give you my phone number, when you worry, call me, I make you happy, don't worry, ...)

Don't worry, ...

Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style

Ain't got no gal to make ...

Don't worry, ...

'Cause when you worry your face will frown

And that will bring ...

So don't worry, be happy


  1. Find the lines that show the main idea of the song.
  2. ‘Will bring everybody down’ means:
  • will amuse everybody
  • will make everybody unhappy
  1. What do you have to pay for your flat? 
  2. What does this song sound like to you? Why?
  3. Do you worry a lot? What do you worry about?
😁😂😓😒😕😖😞
How do you think these speakers are feeling?

worried          relaxed       frightened      disappointed     shocked        surprised      tired        excited bored      uninterested        amused       angry     depressed


  1. Oh no, not again! I hate losing.

  2. Where have you been? I called you one hundred times!

  3. Go away! I don’t want to see you again!

  4. Wow! They are making it again! They’re going to win!

  5. I can hardly stand. I’ve had a lot of work today.

  6. What is it? Oh, such lovely flowers! Thank you.

  7. My goodness! The whole city decorated in red?! These people are crazy.

  8. No, no, I don’t want to get up. I’ll just drink some more juice and stay here, on the beach.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty standards

Money and shopping